Enhanced National Security
We are committed to maintaining our military technological superiority. High priority investments include:
- Defense basic science (maintained at $1.2 billion)
- Information technologies to enhance the capabilities of individual warfighters and win the information war.
- Modeling and simulation to improve combat readiness, doctrine development, and acquisition.
- Advanced sensors for improved situation awareness, quicker and more accurate target identification, and better targeting.
New directions for national security science and technology:
- Technology for affordability: lowering the cost of achieving and maintaining needed military capabilities.
- Accessing commercial technology through strengthened bonds between the civilian and military sectors.
- New missions such as countering the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
To comment on this service: email@example.com