Protecting the Environment
- Increasing the Environment and Natural Resources R&D budget by 4% in 1996 to $5.5 billion.
- Replacing single agency/discipline/issue approach to solving environmental problems with an integrated, interdisciplinary, multi-agency research program.
- Increasing investment in Environmental Technology to improve remediation efforts today and decrease future cleanup costs by emphasizing pollution avoidance.
- Improving environmental decision-making through the development and use of tools for integrated assessment to reduce uncertainty and manage risk.
- Increasing emphasis in the Global Change Program on understanding the consequences of climate change (global warming and El Nino) and identifying mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- Increasing emphasis on ecological research to promote the efficient use of natural resources while sustaining ecosystems for future generations.
To comment on this service: email@example.com