Vice President Gore's Home Page Welcome
(~1Mb MPEG Video)
(~1.3Mb QuickTime Video)
(~87K AU Audio)
(~90K WAV Audio)
"Hello and welcome to my Internet Home Page. Within you will find information on issues about which I care deeply including my work to protect and preserve the environment, help revitalize America's communities, reinvent the federal government to make it work better and cost less, support and strengthen families through annual policy conferences, and promote the development and use of technology. Enjoy your visit, and don't forget to take a look at one of my favorite spots -- the cartoon gallery."
- Al Gore's commitment and leadership on
is unparalleled. He has said the protection and preservation of the
earth's environment is one of the most important issues facing this
- Within two months of taking office, President Clinton asked Vice President Gore
to do a comprehensive survey of the entire federal government. Vice President
Gore answered the challenge with his
National Performance Review: Creating a Government that Works Better and Costs Less
report, which produced hundreds of specific recommendations and cost savings
reforms to improve the federal government and save taxpayers money.
- In addition, Vice President Gore continues his work to rebuild and
revitalize America's inner cities and rural areas through his leadership
role in the
Empowerment Zone and Enterprise Community Program.
- During his eight years as a Congressman and eight years as a Senator,
Vice President Gore became a nationally recognized leader in the areas
science, space and technology policy
. He continues his leadership role in these areas as Vice President.
- Vice President Gore, having first coined the term "information
superhighway" 17 years ago, is the recognized public leader in the
development of the
National Information Infrastructure (NII).
- Vice President Gore is a recognized leader on
because of his mastery of the intricacies of these issues.
- When President Clinton signed into law the Violent Crime Control and
Law Enforcement Act of 1994 on September 13, 1994, he designated the
Vice President as Chair of the Act's
Crime Prevention Council.
- The Vice President established the
program to increase environmental awareness among children around the world.
- The Vice President is committed to supporting and strengthening
and exploring issues of concern to them.
Send the Vice President e-mail
Al Gore's cartoon gallery
graphical representation of this page
To comment on this service: firstname.lastname@example.org